|High Blood pressure is a very common problem in youth and old people. You might even not know that you are having a high blood pressure or hypertension as it is a symptom-less condition. It is very important to keep an open eye on the BP levels and should be checked regularly. Do you know what are the tips to lower blood pressure without medication?
There are two BP categories.
Systolic or Upper reading should be < 120 mm Hg
Diastolic or Lower reading should be < 80 mm Hg
PROBLEM/SYMPTOMS to LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE:
The most common symptoms of High BP can be shortness of breath, headaches, anxiety and nose bleeding.
CAUSES OF HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE:
Excess Sodium content (eg. Table salt, baking soda) in the diet, Excess Alcohol, Smoking, heredity, kidney disease, stress, lack of physical activities, lack of proper sleep, old age, overweight, thyroid problem.
SOLUTIONS FOR LOWERING BLOOD PRESSURE : FOOD TO EAT, THINGS NOT TO DO, EXERCISES
FOOD TO EAT TO LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE
A healthy and proper diet is a must for keeping normal blood pressure.
2. Reduce Salt
Use salt which is low in sodium or use sodium free salt for some time (if BP is extremely high). Sodium free salts are rich in potassium that helps in draining excess sodium from the body.
3. Leafy Vegetables
Take green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale and broccoli in salads and sandwiches.
4. Olive Oil
Use extra virgin olive oil for cooking.
Avocado lowers BP and it has numerous other benefits.
Bananas are rich in potassium hence they help in reducing BP.
Eat pure roasted garlic to reduce BP.
Pomegranate or pomegranate juice helps in reducing blood pressure to a great extent. One should have a glass of pomegranate juice everyday.
9. Eating Watermelon empty stomach helps in reducing BP.
THINGS NOT TO DO FOR CONTROLLING BLOOD PRESSURE
1. Reduce the intake amount of alcohol.
2. Do not consume caffeine. Habitual coffee drinkers should avoid taking coffee.
3. Stop smoking.
EXERCISES TO DO FOR CONTROLLING BLOOD PRESSURE
1. Stress is the root cause of most of the problems. Do things which makes you feel happy and try to avoid stress.
2. Meditation helps in reducing stress.
3. Exercise regularly for 30 mins and try to loose extra weight if any.
4. Do physical activities like walking, jogging, bicycling, dancing, swimming, etc.
5. Play outdoor sports.