Constipation Remedies for Immediate Relief
- Drink 1 to 2 liters of warm water.
- Then, sit in a hot water bath tub for about an hour.
- If this does not work, you may use a hot water bottle or a hot pack and cover your lower abdomen with this pack. This may reduce the pain you have.
- You may use the basic glycerine/ Vaseline and apply a wholesome amount in and around anus. This may relieve you of with the inflammation and would help the stool to come out smoothly.
- After you drink hot water you may climb the stairs up and down for about 10 – 12 minutes, to give a push to your bowel movement.
- Drink a glass of hot milk if nothing works.
- Drinking a glass of hot water with a half a lemon juice, 1 tsp honey, would definitely help ease constipation.
- A cup of hot coffee in the morning would just loosen the bowel track.
Constipation Remedies for Long Term Relief
- Papayas! Eat papayas for breakfast which helps in increasing the bowel movement and metabolism of the body.
- Eat low fat dairy foods.
- Include yogurt in your diet as it has bacteria which alters the micro flora in the gut.
- Stimulate your digestive system through acupressure. Using your thumb, apply pressure on the point four fingers-widths above your wrist on the back of the forearm. Doing this exercise daily for two minutes would relieve you from your irritable bowel system.
- Never ignore nature’s call. Always use the toilet whenever you feel pressure. If you ignore, you’re asking for a case of constipation.
- Eat dried beans, prunes, figs, pears and oatmeal which are high in soluble fiber.
- Have lots of fluids daily esp. 2-3 liters of water.
- Exercise daily, but literally do squatting over the toilet which can help relieve constipation.
- Adequate amount of sleep i.e. 6 hours sound sleep daily.