|Dandruff is the most common hair problem faced by people today. Follow the below home remedies for dandruff cure.
1. Fenugreek seeds:
- Fenugreek seeds can be used to remove dandruff completely. However, it is a long term process where you have to use fenugreek seeds for at least a month.
- Soak 2tbsp of fenugreek seeds overnight so that they become soft and moist. Now make a paste of these seeds and apply onto your scalp. Let it remain for 30 minutes. Then was your hair thoroughly with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this process three times a week for at least a month. You will surely see a vast difference in your scalp.
- Water cleanses our body by removing out the toxins and chemicals. It is very essential to drink 8-10 glasses of water daily to keep the body hydrated.
- Dandruff occurs mainly due to dehydration. There has to low intake of caffeine, soda drinks, alcohol, and smoking which dehydrates the body.
- The bacteria which is responsible for dandruff formation gets killed by garlic. Garlic has anti bacterial properties which attacks the bacteria instantly.
- Grind the garlic cloves into a paste. Apply this paste onto scalp and wait for 30 minutes and wash your hair with shampoo.
4. Lemon juice with coconut oil:
The combination of lemon juice and coconut oil is a bang on method to remove dandruff.
- Lemon can fight the microbes present in dandruff as it has anti bacterial properties.
- Make a 1:6 combination of Lemon juice and coconut oil. Apply this mixture on your scalp and throughout the length of your hair. Leave it overnight, and wash it the next day with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this process twice a week till you get your desired result.
Coconut oil Benefits
This may sound weird as to how Listerine which is a mouth wash can help prevent dandruff.
- There are herbal oils and alcohol present in Listerine fights dandruff.
- After washing your hair with a shampoo, take 60ml of Listerine and rinse your hair with it.
- The classic Listerine without any flavor is preferred to be used for this purpose.
- By doing this you may not only get rid off of dandruff but also an itch scalp is also cured. You may use Listerine once in a week or daily depending upon the amount of dandruff you have in your scalp.
6. Vicks Vaporub
Again this is one more thing which will help in curing dandruff and i.e. Vicks Vaporub. Yes you heard it right!
- Vicks Vaporub has anti fungal properties which controls dandruff. There is presence of petroleum jelly in it which is the major ingredient in preventing dandruff and is good for the scalp.
- Apply it on your scalp and hair and let it stay for half an hour. Then wash it a proper manner so that there are no traces of petroleum jelly left, as it can become a sticky affair.
- Use Vicks Vaporub once a week to keep dandruff away.
7. Baking soda:
- Baking soda has a property by which it can change the PH level of the scalp to fight the fungi present in your scalp due to the dandruff.
- This gives a big relief from itching.
- Take a pinch of baking soda with your shampoo while washing your hair. This will destroy all the flaky skin of your scalp, thus eliminating dandruff.
Therefore baking soda is considered a powerful remedy in curing dandruff.
Neem is a medicinal herb which is useful in both hair fall and dandruff.
- Take neem leaves and boil them to make a smooth paste. Then apply this paste on your scalp and let it remain for 30 minutes. Rinse your hair with water.
- Neem has antibiotic, antifungal, antiseptic and antibacterial properties. By using it on a regular basis you can get rid of all types of scalp allergies.
9. Beetroot juice
- To cure dandruff related problems use beetroot juice with non-fruit vinegar.
- Apply this juice on your scalp and hair and cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Keep it like that for a night and wash your hair thoroughly with water.
10. Olive oil
Olive oil is another best way to cure dandruff related problems
- Olive oil provides moisture to our scalp which prevents it to get flaky. Thus reducing dandruff.
- Heat olive oil before applying it on your hair, as it becomes more effective.
- Apply the oil on your scalp and gently massage and leave it for the whole night.
- After that wash your hair with a shampoo as usual.
Apples are also good for treating a dandruff prone scalp,
- Apples have phenolase which treats the dandruff effectively by removing the dead skin cells. Dead skin clogs the root hair so apple can be used to cure the itchy scalp and dandruff too.
- Take out apple juice and a little water to it and apply this juice on the scalp and hair.
- Leave it for 10 minutes.
- At last clean your hair with a mild shampoo.